Level: Beginner | Style: Mixed Style
Tutorials, Step By Step guide, Tips & Follow Along Video
This is an aú variation where a practitioner does a handstand, followed by a twist with the hips and a split.
Step by step guide
- From esquiva (defensive move) , the free arm reaches in an arc over the head in the direction of motion.
- The leg extended furthest from the body leaves the ground first, kicking off and providing momentum.
- Then the reaching hand is placed on the far side of the body.
- Bending the arms at the elbows supports weight as both legs pass over the body fully extended.
- While inverted, the body should be opened and entirely extended. One foot touches the ground then the other.
- The arms must be lifted for protection as soon as they are no longer supporting weight.
Variations on Au