Translates as 'switchblade'.
A type of capoeira movement where on supports the weight on one hand and folds the limbs like a switchblade.
Step by step guide
- Movements required for this move are : Bananeira & Ponte para Trás.
- Do the hand stand with the legs bent.
- This allows you to practice body balance.
- Lean against the wall while you to the hand stand.
- Bend your legs and rest your hips against the wall.
- Take your feet off the wall and try and keep balance.
- Try and repeat this move without the wall.
- Hold position for 2 seconds and end on a ponte.
- Lean against the wall and repeat the previous step but this time resting on one leg.
- Stretch the leg that is off the wall in front of you and focus on your knee.
- Switch your leg and repeat the above.
- Try to keep the leg in front of your straight.
- Do this move without the help of the wall.
- Make sure to keep the leg in front of your straight and the one behind you bent as it will help you keep balance.
- Lean against the wall but this time take both feet of the wall and stretch the legs in front of you resting your hips against the wall.
- Try this using a chair and practice balance.
- Remember to always end in a ponte.