Escorpião is a sneaky attack that starts from the Queda de Rins position. As the name describes the kick imitates a scorpions tail. It is a low scorpion kick, when very low to the ground you kick up your heel to fend off an attack.
Step by step guide
- While in queda de rins, extend the bottom leg in front of you while the top leg whips behind you.
- The leg extended in front of you acts as a counter balance while the other leg whips around to strike.
- It might look like a contortion act of, but the bend is performed with the entire body.
- The hips, back, and legs all contribute to the bend in the strike.
- If you are particularly stiff in the back, shoulders, or hips, this movement will be more challenging.